new year's eve

Bright eyed tourist bewildered with confusion
Talking about impossible train routes to give the illusion
That you're a local that you live here just like me
And You can't believe you're stuck underground on the t
The car jolts through its dirty grease hole
Burrowing under boston like an obsolete green mole.
Shuddering into arlington station I long to get off
But on the platform a throng of tourists oh enough is enough.
They're talking of this city and how with it they are in love
But they greet me, a local, with a cross eyed blind shove.
Pushed back in the train I am, "excuse me please!!"
I realize I am in control as they only are up to my knees
Wading through festive children who for this is outer space
Happy new years kids! Tears stream on painted glittered face
Free from the trolley adjusting gloves on my wrists
Words muttered under a weary scarf, "mother fucking tourists..."

Comments

Popular Posts